Friday, January 18, 2013

Reality Check

I had a major reality check this morning. My hubs works 14 and 14 on a drilling rig... and this morning at 8:30 I get a message from him saying "dont want you to worry, but we have a fire, fire department is here, but just wanted you to hear it from me"... I have been in oil and gas since summer of 2005... I KNOW anything and everything that CAN go wrong on a rig, much less what can happen if anything is on fire, so I spent all morning in meetings and freaking out about my love's safety... it was so horrible that I ended up leaving one meeting early and getting to the next late so I could cry in my office- NOT alot of women in my field, you just DONT cry at work, its a sign of weakness and I already have the odds against me as a women in a "man's oilfield"... They are drilling in an area with a lot of production, which means there are tanks nearby FULL of OIL - major explosion risk, these wells are drilled mostly with OIL based mud, LOTS of oil on location... I freaked from 8:30 until 9:45 when I got a text saying the fire was out. He is the company rep on location so he had to stay the whole time...


I cant even begin to describe how much I love this man... and the hurt that I felt even at the THOUGHT of possibly losing him.. I lost my dad unexpectedly 20 years ago this month on the 27th to a heart attack... I CAN NOT lose him too! I am so thankful for my friends and family who joined me in praying for his safety and all on the rig this morning, NO ONE was hurt and all is under control now... and I was given a dose of reality I could have lived without for sure...


 
 


I love this man so much... and plan to hug him extra long when he gets home Tuesday from this rotation!!!


Hug and love on those you love, because we never know when they may get taken away from us!!!

3 comments:

  1. That is terrifying! I can't imagine what you went through. Thank you for reminding us all to live and appreciate everyone we have while we still have them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing. I am glad everything worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing. I am glad everything worked out!

    ReplyDelete