Monday, February 4, 2013

February Goals and Running

My usual Monday morning weekend update will have to be postponed until tomorrow due to picture editing issues on my part, I am STILL working on my blog editing skills... not at all shocking!


HOWEVER I did want to post today, had a great weekend and was actually very encouraged on the running front. I ran 5 miles (furthest I have ever run in MY LIFE) on Thanksgiving morning last year and after that the holidays took control and travel and hectic schedules caused me to slack off and not keep up with running 3 times a week like I had been, and then last month I tried running a couple of times on and off but was discouraged because I lost the ability to run without walking, so I pushed through and kept trying and started back regularly run/walking and Saturday I ran/walked a 5k color run with my sister and friend Tara, they hadnt been running as much as I had, which wasnt much myself, so there were times when we stopped to walk that I could have kept running, I wanted us all to stay together because they were willing to do this race with me, I couldnt leave them behind, BUT since I felt like I left something out there...

Yesterday before the Super Bowl I ran 3.31 miles, WITHOUT stopping to walk ONCE!!!!! I am super pumped about that because so far this year I havent even run 1 mile without a walk break. It was a much slower pace than I was running, but danget I ran the whole time - it took me over 35 mins, but I didnt stop to walk once. I DID almost cry twice... I was proud, I am getting my running mojo back and I love it and missed it alot!




I do not like the song "Girl on Fire", but for some reason it came on Pandora about 1.8 miles in when I wanted to give up and walk and it pushed me through, it was an "I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR" moment... and I got that runner's high feeling we all know and love and I almost cried... my last 0.31 mile was fast because a) I like to finish strong and b) the new Britney song came on and I love that song... I have run without music before, but it makes me feel stronger and go harder... I LOVE IT!

I was proud of myself yesterday and cant wait to get back to 5 miles AND then surpass it, need to schedule my half marathon so I have a reason to stick with it!


February goals are simple:
1. Eat cleaner
2. get in two strength training workouts a week
3. get in three bike rides a week
4. get in three runs a week

...thats 8 workouts a week, but I am hoping to double up some of the running/biking with weight days... I need to work on my strenth, but also keep up with my running and work on biking since the MS150 is in ELEVEN weeks!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great accomplishment running that far without stopping! Those are good Feb goals! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY for a great run - you are killing it.

    ReplyDelete