After much thought... I am giving up bread for lent....
I would also like to note that I wouldnt talk to me until after Easter if I were you... this may get ugly. I LOVE BREAD!!!! But, its not good for you, and having something like lent as a reason to try and better myself should make it easier to do. I gave up chocolate one year, I was not a nice person, but I did it!
Weekend Update: Mardi Gras 2013
Friday night: Hermes, D'etat, and Morpheus
I got a picture with a Budweiser clydesdale... it even turned to pose for me!!!
my sister and me taking a picture to make a friend jealous of all our Mardi Gras fun! and yes, I am wearing a Hermes headband with light up wings
D'etat makes fun of EVERYTHING ... one of the floats this year was CFA
our glow necklaces
my cousin with some funny ladies by us!!
another float
a flambo... this one got all dressed up... for those that dont know, some night parades have bums walk around with fire like this and you throw coins for them... now alot of them want cash, not coins, but on principle I still throw coins!
Friday night we were up late with my grandma going to the hospital, but were able to make it just in time Saturday for Iris and Tucks.. my sis even went to Endymion that night, but I couldnt last... I was too worn out and wanted to get up early Sunday to go visit my grandma again before leaving...
Tucks throws toilet bowls, plungers, toilet paper, and these cool toilet seat glasses:
zombie ducks!!!
taking a break during a lul in the action
great year! great float!
more parade action
sisters pic with a guy off the route
me trying to walk and get my pic with the pony!!
kath and one of the lazy boy guys.. first year I have seen this, pretty funny... motorized lazy boys!
Other than my grandma it was a good time.. and she is doing much better on the new meds, so thanks for the prayers and support!!!
If you havent been to Mardi Gras, you HAVE TO GO!!!! Go to St. Charles for the parades and avoid the crazy people and tourists that are in the quarter and on Burbon... I have only missed two Mardi Gras in my life and still have NEVER been to Burbon on one... I have enough fun with my family on St Charles!















OMG BREAD.... you are going full force. For real booze for me is going to me tough enough. Love the pics....
ReplyDelete