Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Houston Rodeo Season

This past weekend was the start of rodeo season here in Houston, we had the run, all weekend long was a BBQ cookoff, that I normally attend, but missed because the hubs was sick, and yesterday started the rodeo... the hubs and I are going tonight, on his last night in town before he has to go back to work for two weeks... I am going to miss him, but I am glad we get a fun date night on his last night in town, especially since this weekend was pretty low key.


I have learned.... Rodeo is to Houston as Mardi Gras is to New Orleans!


Tonight the concert after the rodeo is Gary Allan... I am pretty excited, I saw him a few years ago and he does a good show... and I just love the rodeo



Things I enjoy most about the rodeo:

1. MUTTON BUSTIN': its where kids ride sheep like the cowboys ride the horses and bulls!




2. BULL RIDING: its thrilling, I guess because you never know what might happen....




3. THE CONCERTS!





I was able to snag tickets for:

Gary Allan
Zac Brown Band
Blake Shelton
....and last but NOT least... George Strait!!!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see George Strait in concert! He is such a legend! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete