My weekend update is going to have to wait until tomorrow. We had fun at parades and then got really freaked out Saturday early morning at 1:30 when my mawmaw woke us up because she couldnt breath, it was horrible... I thought she was going to die, she is stabilized and on new drugs and they released her from the hospital yesterday, long story short they think it was the heart medicine she was on that caused the problem. My sister called 911 and I stayed with her, we increased her oxygen flow and tried to get her to take deep breaths, it sounded like she was gurgling and we were pretty sure she had fluid in her lungs. We took her bp and it was very high 190/176 (she normally has low bp 100/60) and her HR was 146bpm. The doc said her meds caused her heart to beat too fast, which caused the back up of fluid in her lungs and the inability to breath well. We are hoping the new meds will do a better job.
I love this woman... like she is just another mom to me, because she was... I know I am being selfish wanting to keep her around, but I hate that there is nothing they can do to fix her, its just alleviating the symptoms at this point. Congestive heart failure. She is too weak for open heart surgery, but I want her around to meet her great grand babies when we start having them, I want them to know the awesome woman that I know... and I hope she is around long enough to meet them and long enough for me to get more time with her, I know no time is ever enough, but still... I am glad I was there to spend time with her at the hospital this weekend and when it happened.. but this is the third trip to the ER in 3 months... not good.
This morning on the radio I heard that the Pope is resigning.... and that this is the first time since 1415 for a Pope to resign and not keep post til he dies. One of the announcers mentioned that it must be because things are so bad he just cant take it anymore and its too much to handle. Things are really bad, but what state is the world in if religious world leaders cant handle it? Its scary to think about for sure.... if its his health, I hope he is alright as well! I am not Catholic, but its always sad to see religious leaders not doing well.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother! I hope her new medication helps.
ReplyDeleteMelissa, I am sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope she is as comfortable as possible. She is very lucky to have a grand-daughter like you. Keep strong.
ReplyDeleteKeeping your grandma in my prayers!
ReplyDelete