Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend Update and Rodeo Run Recap

 
Thursday afternoon I went to a clay shoot with my boss and a couple coworkers, I havent used a shotgun in YEARS, and I am not good at it, I am much better wtih a rifle!
 


I shot 6 of 70 and we stopped for about 45 minutes at the 5th station waiting and the pain hit... so I powered through the  next two stops and then the hubs took over the last three stations  for me, I went from 6/70 to 24/30... haha... it was fun, but I need practice... and I think 50 rounds is my limit! The bruise on my shoulder agrees!
 
Friday was a low key uneventful day, but I did make baked ziti (a healthier version)... I should have taken pics, its good!!!
 
 
I did make this for breakfast on Saturday and it was delish... scrambled eggs with ham:
1egg
2 egg whites
a couple slices hillshire farm low sodium ham
2% cheddar cheese
pepper to taste (I NEVER add salt when I cook, but you can)
 
 
 
 
Saturday was the run, and I woke up to texts that my grandma was back in the ICU, more heart problems... and its just getting worse, she is dying, and I know that, and I hate seeing or hearing of her suffering and I wish I could be there for her and with her, but I have work here in Houston... and my poor sister is 21 and she hasnt really had to deal with the death of a loved one, she was 1 when my dad died, so she didnt really know him, and this is hitting her hard because she is living with my grandma and getting really close to her... I am actually jealous of the time she gets with her, I am glad I lived with her a summer during college, but I guess it never feels like you get enough time with the ones you love, especially when it starts coming to an end. I love her lots and hope she has pain free, good time left with us... and I do have peace that I know she is going to a better place, which helps..




 I didnt bring my camera with me for the run, EPIC fail... so I stole this from the website... there were 15,000 runners... yes thats right, thousands!!! All of the fees for the run go to the scholarship fund for FFA kids, they raised $400 grand this year alone! It was a mad house with that many people though... and weird running through downtown Houston, around my office and all, people lined the streets because we were followed by a parade, so I felt like we were running for peoples entertainment... it ended up being a good thing because I havent been running enough and wasnt ready, but was able to run the whole thing anyway because I didnt want to disappoint the crowd!
 
 
So the hubs took a pic of me and Christina after the race at our house... I finished in 34:06, not my best time, but also not my worst...I kept pace with Christina until about 2.5 miles in and then I had to slow down a bit and she was wanting to speed up so we split up for the end and she finished a minute in front of me... but we had fun!
 
 
 
 
 
For dinner the hubs and I went to Black Walnut and we both got the steak salad... he lovingly and selflessly ate my garlic bread for me!
 


Then we split gellato, tiramisu flavor!
 
 
 
 
I got a card in the mail from my sis for Vday.. super cute
 
 
 
 
Yesterday after church we did some yardwork and then I went on a bike ride in a wind tunnel... the first 5.5 miles I did in 15 minutes, the last 5 took almost 30!! I was psyched at how fast I was going and kept grabbing gears on the way out, well I didnt realize I had 20-30 mph winds with gusts up to 40mph at my back, so then when I turned around, they were in my FACE, it was HORRIBLE!!! I went home and sure enough my weather app had a wind warning... I was drained...

 
We then had a couple friends over and the hubs grilled salmon and we had baked sweet potato bites and steamed broccoli... it was delish and a grand success! We had a great low key weekend, we didnt make the rodeo cookoff but the hubs hasnt been feeling well, and he leaves Wednesday so I didnt mind staying home with him all weekend since his days off was cut short to only a week instead of the usual 2
 
In other good news, I weighed myself this morning and I am down ANOTHER 2 pounds from last Wed weigh in... I couldnt wait til Wednesday, I was good this weekend and wanted to see what that got me... and I saw progress!!!!!! :)
 
At the end of lent I am re-measuring myself too, I am feeling inches going away forever as well!! It makes me wonder how much I really love bread, is it worth it? 4 pounds in two weeks says HELL TO THE NO!!!
 


 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. That is a cute card! Looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I am so glad you found my blog! I tried to reply to your comment but I think you have your account set as a no-reply blogger :(. Way to go on your 5K this weekend! Was there weather as cold down there as it was here? It was cold but perfect running weather if you ask me! However, I don't do wind - I can't believe you rode your bike in it! That's awesome! I look forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete