Monday, February 18, 2013

Humble Lion's Bike Ride/ Weekend Update

 
Saturday morning was the Humble Lion's Bike ride... and they LIED, BIG TIME... they said it had 22 mile, 46.5 mile, and 51.5 mile routes... but the 51.5 miles was really 55, I forgot to start my Runkeeper app up again for a while after a rest stop, thats why I am off a bit on my  mileage... my coworkers convinced me that 5 miles extra would be nothing so do the long route... NOTE: 5 miles at the end of 46.5 IS a long way... and then to find out its more than that... devastating... I hit 51 miles and was psyched to be so close, I knew it would be the next turn... OR NOT!
 
 
 
 
 
At a rest stop 31 miles INTO the ride... someone kindly let me know that I was biking on a FLAT tire... if anyone has ever done this, I am sorry... I was wondering why I struggled so much.. and that my friends is why... I didnt air up my tires that morning because I figured they were fine... they were NOT fine... and I suffered big time because of it, but hey, I did get this nifty purple and gold shirt:


 
 
So I took an ice bath and iced my knees after... and then laid on the couch the rest of the weekend, all afternoon Saturday and pretty much all day Sunday... Hank was a heating pad for my knees for a bit Sunday, and we took a nap together because I woke up at 5am in severe knee pain...

 
 

Belle wanted some snuggle time too so she joined us...

 
 
I did leave the couch for a pedicure on Sunday, and to get groceries and make some lunches for this week... I also left to have dinner at Rudy's with a friend - love the turkey baked potato!!! BUT other than that I was on the couch ALL weekend because I am in pain... I talked to my doctor friend and she told me to get hopped up on Ibuprofen so I did all day yesterday, and all night last night... and this morning... I woke up last night at 1am, and again at 4 am... somehow I magically turned off my alarm at 5, so when I woke up VERY late at 545, it became a dry shampoo day... how did we exist before that stuff???
 
 
 
My love comes home tomorrow.... to say I am excited is the understatement of the year... every hitch seems longer than the last... I miss him LOTS!!!
 


I ate good this weekend, kept it clean, and heathly... and I feel good because of it... I am excited about what I made for lunches and cant wait to share the super easy recipe this week... I LOVE easy recipes... esp when they are healthy and taste so awesome!!!!

I have the rodeo run 5k this coming Saturday, I am hoping my knees are up for it, going to attempt a run today at lunch... we will see how that goes....
 
 

3 comments:

  1. WTG girl and I got a mani/pedi on Sunday too. I love 5K's. You will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is amazing! Good luck with the 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big ride! I can only imagine! Good luck this weekend.

    ReplyDelete