Friday, August 3, 2012

3 miles!!!!

Yesterday I did C25K week 6 day 2-

5 min warmup walk
10 min run
3 min walk
10 min run
5 min cool down walk
... and then I was SO close to 3 miles that I ran for a minute more to hit it! 33:58 was my total time and I hit 3 miles!


The Olympics was on so I was inspired, the first 10 min run I felt good and was like- wow I CAN do this! Then the last 3 min of the second 10 min run was rough... but I did it! The next run on the program goes straight to 22 min of running- I dont think I can bump that quickly! I may work my way up - week 5 day 3 had a 20 min run and I skipped it too. I need to add 2/3 min of running at a time I think... otherwise I get in my head and cant handle it.... although my heart rate has come down alot for most of the run- it doesnt get into the high 170's or even 180's til the end of a running session now...yay for improvements in my cardio vascular health!


I am going back and forthe between kickboxing with bags today and maybe attempting a spin class....


Today is my co-workers baby shower at the office- another co-worker and myself are hosting it... I made cupcakes last night and of course had to taste them to make sure they were edible... SOOOO good!


They are yellow cake with chocolate frosting:




... and yellow cake with buttercream frosting:



I also added sprinkles because they are FUN! I LOVE cake... have I mentioned that????



No comments:

Post a Comment