The past few days have been a roller coaster of emotions, my husband just accepted a new job, a job that will require a rotation, 14 days away and 14 days home, I know alot of people in the oil field deal with this, and even longer schedules, however, I have been spoiled and not had to deal with this yet... and I am not looking forward to it at all... I have been playing the role of supportive wife, but I am not sure how this is going to go in two weeks when I have to say goodbye for a good while.. I used to be this super independant women who didnt need or want a man, then about 2.5 years ago I met Jake and I have become co-dependant and now I worry about how much I will miss him when he is gone, the highlight of my day is going home to spend time with him!
We read the Five Love Languages book and our two main love languages are quality time and physical touch- not easy to keep up when you are working days and he is working nights and you are miles apart for two weeks at a time.
At most this will be for a year, so I am praying the time flies by... I have no doubt we will make it work, its just not going to be fun...
Ok, done complaining... going to run again today at the gym, hoping for as good if not better mileage! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment