Thursday, August 9, 2012


Yesterday I got in a weights day- and got in a lot of squats!!

New totals for August:
Squats: 95/500
Pushups: 60/300
Run: 8.9/40 miles
Bike: 27.1/75 miles
Swim: 950/4000 meters

 ...hopefully I can put more of a dent in these this weekend!!!

I am pretty happy with my progress… my dead lifts with 20 pound kettle bells in each hand really made my hamstrings scream today… and my lower back too…  and my upper body is pretty sore from yesterday too… weights days rock!


Last night I went with Jake to AT&T while he signed up for his new IPhone, no more free company phone for him, BUT because he is going to be self employed and using his phone mostly for work, we are betting he can write it off, we need to find a CPA to help us, because tax time is NOT going to be fun! Anyway, back to the point of this story- about half way through the process of getting the phone the sales guy looks at my husband and says- “man she’s a handful” !! WHAT??? I was standing RIGHT there… I was so taken aback I didn’t respond- but now that I have thought about it a while, who is he to say that about me, esp after like 5 min of interaction… I was not happy about it. Jake has told me that he doesn’t think so but that really annoyed me…. Aren’t sales people supposed to suck up to you? Not belittle you?

 Anyways today I just finished with my lunch run- I swapped a few training days around this week, but I am doing really well in my training the past couple weeks, see:



Today I got in 3 miles again- but not in two twn minute segments- one ten minute and two fives- with a 6.5 mph run for the last min and a half to get me to 3 miles total- doing the elliptical earlier this week really got me- I know I didn’t have my knee brace and it was the right thing to do, but then mixing days up and all today is the first time I have run since the end of last week- making my run hard…  oh well, I will try again this weekend- in Denver- at higher elevations- and probably not make it again- haha…


I am excited about the wedding this weekend though. We fly out tonight after work, tomorrow we are going to Rocky Mt National Park for the day and then Sat is the wedding… we come home Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment