I forgot my knee brace at home yesterday so my workout consisted of 2.7 miles (30 min) on the elliptical... I havent used that thing in what seems like FOREVER- I feel like I get a MUCH better workout on the treadmill- so I remembered my brace today- I am feeling like either spin class or a run- but not a C25K run, one of my old training runs- intervals- fast for a minute or two then walk for a min or two.... I need a good kick in the pants- my eating was good yesterday until about 2:30- I need to go back to packing mini meals to eat all day- because my snacking is what got me yesterday afternoon... and then chocolate last night- dang monthly visitor!!!
I saw a blog where the girl sets monthly strength goals which guide her workouts and I liked that idea- so for August, by the end of the month (about 3.5 weeks) I would like to have completed:
squats: 500
pushups (on my toes): 300
miles run: 40 miles (I have 5.9 miles so far this month)
miles biked: 75 (15 miles for far this month)
meters swam:4,000 (950 meters so far this month)
These goals also align with training for my FIRST triathalon (Sept 30th, 7.5 weeks away!!)
The squats and pushups are good because my strength training has seriously suffered because I am concentrating on swimming, running, and biking...
No comments:
Post a Comment