My two main love languages are quality time and physical touch... I havent gotten either of those in 11 days since Jake left... I feel like I am shutting down... I dont know if thats my defense mechanism or what, but we didnt get to text much yesterday evening because he was busy and the phone conversation was short- 15 minutes- and I find myself pulling away...
I hate this- and I was sharing this with him in the begining- but it didnt do any good- I told him I needed more time on the phone and it worked for a couple days then fell off again- and after I said something initially he would always ask "am I doing a better job?" and I dont want it to be another thing he has to do while out there working...
I dont know how some people do this- I cant do distance- it doesnt work for me... I know this is temporary and we just have to get through it- but I dont like it... I am used to being able to talk to him any time during the day and then talk and be together face to face all afternoon and night after work.
This has also driven home the point that Sunday School teachers and pastor's used to try to make with the importance of quiet time and being close with God- you cant spend an hour at church on Sunday and expect a good relationship with God- you need to spend time with him daily- and I find it hard to get 5-10 minutes to spend with Him, yet I am upset that I only get about that much with my husband- how much more important is my relationship with God?
No comments:
Post a Comment