Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The moment of truth

Its been about two weeks since I last stepped on the scale... I have been trying to eat well, but failing... so I guess not trying as well as I should have been.... but I have been super hardcore training for the triathlon September 30- yes thats now LESS than two months away! Well it wasnt a great reading, but it wasnt as bad as it could have been, I am within the three pound window I have been in the past month- on the high side of it, but in it still!!! Thank you Jesus!!!

Its amazing how long it takes to come off and how fast it creeps right back on... so TODAY I start being serious about my eating again as well as continuing the workouts- except no more spin with crazy man- the spin teacher yesterdays thighs were as big as his waist- I should have walked out then- but I pushed through and now my knee is killing me more than after a run or multiple runs for that matter- no bueno! I am trying to decide if I want to try running today- or just elliptical it- it will put me behind for my monthly goal, but I dont want to hurt myself- I may start out running and then switch to elliptical if its too much on my knee...

If I can lose a pound a week, I will have 7.5 less pounds to pull through the triathlon- a reasonable and acheivable goal- I just have to overhaul my eating- that being said today I came to work armed with fruit and veggies for healthy snacks- and some of my caserrole from dinner last night- its a healthy caserrole- lots of veggies and grilled chicken on top of a little bit of brown rice and I used one can of condensed cheddar soup for the whole 13x9 pan of caserole and sprinkled a little cheddar cheese on top (usually red fat, but I am a ditz sometimes and this time I grabbed full fat at the store- oh well). Its yummy- for veggies I change it up alot but this time I used broccolli, carrots, and onions.... ALWAYS use onions... LOVE onions!!!

So here's to the 7.5 pounds that will be gone by Sept 30th- I wont be missing them!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment