Friday evening the hubby and I had a date night at Perry's in the Woodlands- yay for Houston restaurant weeks!!! I got a salad - dressing on the side, the filet with grilled asparagus- without the butter and then finished it off with bananas foster... I am only human- it was DELISH!
Saturday Hank- my kitty decided to wake us up at 6am by making bread on top of us... so I took him and the girls down so Jake could sleep some.... I watched a little tv then did some studying for the PE, made scrambled eggs and Jake grilled some deer sausage and made biscuits and we had a yummy breakfast- I then went and studied a bit more and then went to the gym to swim laps- I am SO thankful for my friend Christy's tips last weekend- I got in 30 min of laps and 950 meters!!!!!! VERY proud of that. Then I came home to get ready to meet Mel downtown for lunch and then the Brothers of the Sun concert.... it started at 4:30 and we left at 11, during the encore for Kenny- we probably only missed one song- but were both exhausted and ready to go...
Jake Owen and Grace Potter and the Nocturnals were the two openers- both good- Grace has an AMAZING voice- she sings with Kenny in "You and Tequilla" - she came out singing an accapella song and then her band joined- they are rock- and really fun!
Then Tim performed... he was so tan it was unatural- I hope its a spray tan or his skin is leather- he was in all white- jeans and a shirt- he later joined Kenny in the last encore in blue jeans and a white top - MUCH better
Kenny made a grand entrance coming up out of the floor and then flying over the crowd on this thing:
loved Kenny, he is a good entertainer- first time to see him:
me and Mel on the metro headed back to our car after the LONG concert!
Sunday morning got a work call at 6am, after getting to bed at 12:30, was really happy about that- I have a well on flowback - so its expected, but still not fun... then I worked in the nursery with two month olds during church- enjoyed getting my baby fix! :)
We went to the Texas Trophy Hunter Extravaganza... highlight for me was the puppy trainers- they brought labs! ADORABLE!
There were also snake handlers - with rattlesnakes!!!
The weekend ended with a surprise from the hubs- its that time of the month and I cant get enough of chocolate- so he surprised me with this:
LOVE!
And another cute shot of two of my babies snugglin with their pappa:







No comments:
Post a Comment