Here is the map for day 1- my team started in Waller, which makes it 150 miles total- the crazies that started in Houston ended up racking up 180 miles over the weekend... (cause riding 150 miles makes me sane... yes, I realize the irony)
a pic at one of the rest stops... it was CRAZY 13 THOUSAND Texans on bikes... and in spandex, year wrap your head around that one for a minute... we arent the most out of shape state, but we are all super fit either...
our team was a top fundraiser last year so we had our own finish on day 1- I did NOT like this, we were less than 1/2 a mile from the LaGrange finish- which is fun to do/see- people cheer you on and its great, instead we finished on the side of a highway and had to cross over it watching for traffic and other cyclists to a tent with our volunteers... disappointing yes, but it was easy to find our group so that was nice.. thats me in the middle of that group- the hubs came out and was my own personal photog this weekend...
official team photo at the start of day two- in our bright team jerseys! I am in the gray jacket in the middle on the back row... it was cold! 39 degrees morning 1 and 50 degrees morning two!
day 2's route- you could go a "challenge route" or the regular one, I went the regular route... biking 150 miles is challenging enough for me!
the hubs thought he was getting a video of me crossing the finish, but instead ended up with a picture of me ALMOST there... I am the rider all the way to the right on the white lines almost to the finish! You can see my red jersey and black knee brace... SO glad to be done!
at the end you are supposed to hold your bike up over your head and take a pic with the capitol in the background... I was spent and couldnt pick it up that high so this is what I got....
then the hubs was like, "hey, I can pick it up for you and you can just hold it once I get it there" balancing a bike over your head is much easier than hoisting said bike over your head and then holding it... I still dont like this pic because these childbearing hips and thighs look attrocious in spandex... but its THE picture to take, so here you have it
(speaking of my negativity here, has anyone seen the Dove Project videos???? - a MUST watch for any woman)








WOW - what a weekend! That's awesome that you finished and suppported MS. Would you do it again? I might sign up for something like this in the future...
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Melissa!!! I LOVE that last picture- I bet you were exhausted! Phew! Sounds like tons of fun :)
ReplyDeleteListen here Mrs. Folz, you are beautiful in that picture!
ReplyDeleteYou should be so proud of your body!
Girl, I don't think I could have biked 150 miles in one weekend!
You ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!