Monday, April 15, 2013

I just signed up for my first Marathon... I'm crazy!?!

 
I am crazy... my cousin text me and then emails me a training plan and for some reason I agree... next February I am running the Nola Rock 'n' Roll Marathon.... I havent even done a half yet!?!?
 


So now I am also going to sign up for the half in Nola in October, gotta run a half before I try a whole, you have 7 hours to complete the marathon, so I figure I can do it... I WILL NOT get kicked off the course! I have almost a whole year to train, and I will need it...


I ran 3.65 miles yesterday- didnt have my brace or would have gone further... felt pretty good about it considering it was in the hill country and there were a lot of hills...



Weekend update will have to come tommorrow, but lets just say it involved DIAMONDS and was an amazing weekend... and we may have found our property!!!!!! ... if we did it means Ireland will have to wait, but thats ok!

3 comments:

  1. I thought I was crazy when I signed up for my first half...but I'm about 2 months into training (3 weeks from the race) and I have pretty much loved it! Yes, somedays are hard BUT it's worth it when I set a new distance PR and that pride I feel for something new I just accomplished! Good luck and enjoy!

    Also, with my hubs being from around NOLA, I am thinking of running that half next Feb too!! We will have to wait and see though...training during Indiana winter does not sound like my idea of fun....

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU GO GIRL!!!
    OMG! That is so awesome!
    I can't wait to run my first half in May!
    You will rock it!!!!!!!!
    I am thinking of signing up for a marathon as well - maybe a Rock 'n' Roll one :)

    Can't wait to hear about your anniversary weekend!

    ReplyDelete