Thursday, March 28, 2013

Birthday Weekend Update.. and a kitten!

My sister flew in last Tuesday night, but I still had work Wednesday and Thursday, but my weekend started Thursday night, after work we went to eat at Texas Roadhouse, and I did have one roll, birthday weekend the no bread for lent deal was not taken into consideration!
 
Me and the  hubs
 
 

my sissy and her peach margarita
 
my dinner... I also had a Ceasar side salad, ranch dressing on the side.

 
my sis had a steak with a sweet potato..
 
 
When we got home from dinner I got my birthday present from the hubs...
 
 
I have been wanting one forever!!! I am so exciting, he even attached it to a crank so that I could pick it up easy and store it easy too, it took him all day to set it up while I was at work, buying wood beams to reinforce the wall and ceiling and installing a pulley system with a hand crank, I LOVE IT!
 
 
On Friday (my birthday) I woke up to a picture montage that my sister made and put on facebook, LOVE IT!
 
 
 
And naturally Friday morning  was kickboxing time:
 
my sis took a few pics of me wailing on the bag...
 
then we had fun with an app that lets you add comments to pics:

 
you cant see it but the crank is on the wall behind my beast of a self... I also am using his 65lb hand weights to help counter my attacks... I have upgraded to two for kicks after it still moving too much

 
a good shot of me kicking the bag...

 
and my sis dog sat in the front yard while I got in a great workout, the girls were very well behaved even though they werent on leashes... thats why Belle is chewing on a pigs ear... they were rewarded!

 
THEN, my hubs wanted to workout!!! I was so excited... he did some wailing on the bag, shook the ENTIRE house, and then I asked that he just hit it fast, not hard.... didnt want to litterally bring the house down... and he did some weight work with the new weights he just got too!! I had been hoping he would start working out again, and he did! he is back in the Gulf now, so wont be able to for two weeks, but hopefully he starts up again when he gets back.
 
Then we got cleaned up and spent some QT with my big man, Hank
 
 
 
Then for lunch we went to Salata... I LOVE this place, ate there for the first time last Monday, went again Wednesday, Friday, and yesterday too... grilled salmon salad- delish!

 
 
my salad!



the hubs even liked it!
 

 
birthday lunch pic!

 
I also got my new passport in the mail... with  my new last name, FINALLY!!! so now to plan IRELAND! :)
 
 
We went looking for a bakery for my cake, but only found a so so cupcake we could have ordered in bulk, so we went home and the hubs decided to make one for me!

 
my sis and I headed to dinner and the hubs was going to meet us once the cake was finished... we went to Italianos and met a couple friends for my birthday dinner...



me and Stormy... with my cake Jake made, purple and yellow of course! :)

 
 
blowing out the candles, and I didnt even make a wish.. I didnt even realize that til today posting this, but I dont really have anything I could wish for, I have everything I could ever want or need, its crazy how lucky I am... I was so glad to have my two favorite people with me this weekend!
 
 
 
me and my girl...


 
my boo

 
 
my amazing homemade cake... it was delish!!!!!

 
my friend Lucy!

 
Then Saturday we went to Montgomery County Animal Shelter and got our new baby boy, Max!!!
 
As soon as I picked him up I knew he was the one! He was there with two siblings, they had just been dropped off that morning! It was meant to be!
 
 
first family photo!


 
daddy with his new little man
 
 
headed to his new home!
 
 
 
he fell asleep on the way home!
 
we went to Petsmart and he helped pick out his bed
 
 
we love him lots already
 
 
he is 6 weeks old and ADORABLE! We got him dishes to match his big brothers..

 
We are keeping him in the guest bath til he is a little older...

 
he loves his daddy

 
 
and his mouse toys!

 
we introduced him to his big brother... they are now play buddies and love hanging out
 
 
 
Maddie thinks he is cute, but still isnt sure what he might do

 
Belle thinks she is his momma, its adorable, she wants to protect and love and lick on him all the time

 
he is a playful little guy and I am so glad we got him!

 
 
Hank vegging out with his Aunt in bed...
 
maddie in the grass

 
 
...and also in bed with her Auntie

 
Belle patrolling the back yard
 
 Auntie likes Maddie to play dress up...
 


more bed pics with Auntie
 
Saturday night was the 5k Neon Splash Dash!
 
 
Jake and Harlee took our pic as we were coming up the first section of the run...

 

 
another pic of us... passing the walkers
 
 
 
 
after the race...
 
 
 

 
we had to pass alot of walkers because they didnt wait til the end of the runners to start, rude if you ask me... so it was like a game of human frogger, but I ran hard, I felt good, and I kept up with Christina the whole time... and at the end, I checked my watch and I had PR'd!!!!!! SO pumped about that! 
 
Sunday we went to Old Town Spring for the Art and Wine festival...
 
Katherine and Harlee (who spent the whole weekend with us, and I am just now realizing I didnt get a pic with her at dinner) - we went to lunch at a place called Potbellys... I got the grilled chicken, but it still probably wasnt healthy!

 
 
 me and the hubs

 
with my sis at the festival!
 



 
I had taken off work Monday so we could have a long weekend and Monday we did some more kickboxing then went to Sky Zone one of the indoor trampoline parks... my sis has AMAZING pics on her camera, but this is the only so so one I had on my phone, so more of these to come soon! It was a blast AND a great calorie burn, you know I HAD to wear my Polar and see! :)


All in all, I would have to say BEST BIRTHDAY YET! :)
 


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an awesome Birthday! That husband was so sweet to set up and install your punching bag! That can be a killer work out! Ireland?! Jealous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great, fun way to spend your birthday!And how sweet is your hubby with that homemade cake! You are one very lucky girl!:)

    ReplyDelete