Friday I went and picked up my bike with the new clip in pedals and got some clip in shoes to go with it!
Saturday I did my first 10k, I didnt think I was ready so I was going to run as far as I could then run/walk the rest, well I surprised myself and ran the WHOLE THING!!!!!
I get half way to downtown Houston and realize I left my time chip and my bib at home - I was assigned 69, but talked to volunteers and got 2000 to run with, no timer chip, but I have RunKeeper ap for that anyway. We started 3 1/2 min after they shot the gun, there werent as many runners as the Rodeo Run, but it was still pretty packed in there!
This is my first run with the energy chews, I had one at the 5k mark, another at 6k, and another at 7k. I was feeling good and as always the hardest mile was the 2nd for me.... I dont know why, but it was.
I did not realize I was going to run the whole way until I hit the 8K marker, each kilometer was sponsered by different companies, except this one, it was in honor of a runner who had passed... and it made me smile, and start to cry at the same time because I realized that I COULD run a 10k and was going to run it out, AND I knew my daddy was watching me and proud of what I was doing. He ran some too, not sure what his PR was, and I asked my mom this weekend and she didnt think he ever ran far, but I dont think she knows either. I love moments like that when I can connect with him. I know he has been gone 20 years, but with March 2 being his birthday- it was nice to have that moment!
Pre race pic!
headed to the start line
after I crossed the finish line...
with my 10K shirt!!!
proudly placing my bib on display!!! I stapled the two together... since I have both! haha
Sunday I had to go on a bike ride and try out my new gear, I was tired, my legs were sore from the run, but I wanted to try em out... it was windy, super windy, but I did it!
Then I came home and cleaned up and went to Walmart - I HATE that place, but I knew they had what I wanted, REDBOX and a foam roller...
it was a cute movie, but I love sappy chick flicks... and I foam rolled while watching, it did help! my legs arent as tight today!
Cleanse update:
I am feeling great, and got on the scale this weekend, down 5lbs!!!! So this morning I tried on my size 10 work pants... and ......
THEY FIT!!!!!!!
I am beyond happy about this!!!!! I am also almost back to my wedding weight, which is almost my goal weight!!!!!! :)
Weekend food journals:









.png)





Great job on all fronts! Fantastic 10K time too.
ReplyDeleteYou are on fire!!! CONGRATS on the first 10k and the cleanse, and the ORB goal pants!! FYI- It took me forever to find your blog and I just wanted to say THANK YOU for always leaving me so much comment love :) You are set to noreplyblogger so I can never respond to your comments via email! You are looking amazing lady friend! Keep up all that hard work!
ReplyDeleteWHAT AN AWESOME WEEKEND!!!
ReplyDeleteYou rock girl!
Congrats on your 10K and losing 5 pounds! Super sweet!
And you look amazing in that picture with your size 10 pants on!
WHOO HOOO!!!! :) :)