Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Update and Advocare Cleanse

Friday night a friend came over and we were lazy on the couch hanging out and I had gone to kickboxing at lunch, but saw that Holly is doing 30DS, I just got this in the mail maybe a month ago and have been wanting to do it, so I convinced my friend to do it with me... spur of the moment at 9pm.. it was great... painful but fun to do with a buddy!
 
I had a busy day Saturday, and then relaxed most of Sunday because I am sick... I didnt want to admit it, but I am... I got the crud from the hubs before he left, it started with a sore throat and ended with congestion so bad that I couldnt sleep well at all last night, EVEN with NyQuil... no bueno!
 
Saturday I started the day off at Academy, I got three new running tanks, and two cold weather running tops, as well as a second pair of my running shoes, so know I can keep a pair at the gym and a pair at home and dont have to worry about bringing it back and forth if I want to run at home!
 
Then I went to the Bike store and ordered clip in pedals, my bike inspection, and a water bottle holder.. they are keeping my bike til Wednesday, I was hoping they could do it while I wait, esp since the pedals are CRAZY expensive: $120!!!!
 
Then I went back to Academy... because I forgot to get a new Polar, I looked online at my options and saw one came with a GPS (or so I thought) so I got it... the Polar RS300X, it is nice, and has the option to sync with a GPS device, but you have to buy that separate... and its $130! Being fit is pricey! So I still havent gotten that addition yet, but that will be coming soon, glad bonuses are the end of this  month, because I need one with all my spending Saturday!
 
Then I went to the grocery to get clean foods for my Advocare 10 day cleanse I am doing with MaMeg! I am super excited about it and my sister is even doing it in Nola! Got a nice shot of my groceries:
 
 
Me in one of my new running tops- LOVED it! Went for a run Saturday around noon...

 
 
...and I realized this past week that my 10k I signed up forever ago, is this coming Saturday... so I wanted to get in 4 miles, they were slow, but I did NOT stop to walk once, so I am counting this as a victory!! I am going to run two more times this week before Saturday's run... and I am going to try to do the whole 10k running, but if I cant, I have another one Easter weekend in Nola- I will be running with my cousin and sister in the Crescent City Classic, its supposed to be super fun with jazz bands and all that so I am excited, I am currently way slower than my cousin, but maybe my sis and I can run together... either way, it should be fun! Elle Noel are you running in it? I would LOVE to meet up if you are!!! :)

 
My heart rate was a good steady 170ish most of the run, when I started running it would start there and then get into the 180/190s and stay there, I am not sure if it was lower because I was running slower or if I have trained my heart and gotten it in better shape, or maybe a combo of both, but its progess and I will take it in any form I can get... as well as the 700 calories I burnt doing the run!

 
Saturday night was my friend Suzy's bachelorette party.. I went for the dinner and presents part and left at 8:45ish before the party bus and night out part, a) I usually go to bed around 9ish, b)I had woken up at 6am Sat am and did a long run (long for me) c)I am sick and didnt want to push it. It was fun while I was there, and I did have one of those yummy cookies... cleanse starts today, not Saturday! BUT I was worn out, and I am glad I left early because I didnt sleep well and was exhausted Sunday anyways!

 

My 30DS and Advocare before pictures.... I took my measurements and got my weight down too, hoping for big things here!! Ignore the baby gate that is used to keep the dogs out of our cats food and litter!


 

 
 

 
 
Sunday I cooked and packaged all my meals for this work week, I am ready to go! Preparation is KEY for success, and I hate having to cook when I get home from work, so now I dont have to... and I am trying kale for the first time... I am adding it to my salad with my romaine and spinach, its how I started eating spinach, so I hope it works! Its supposed to be a SUPER food or something so we will see how it goes!
 
That fiber drink is NASTY... people say its like pulp in OJ, but the thing is I dont like pulp in my OJ either... I survived it and it made drinking water after drinking it SUPER easy... got in my protein shake 30 minutes later and waiting til 9/10 for my next meal... feeling good for my first 2 hours on the cleanse!

4 comments:

  1. oh no, I'm sorry you're sick!! I'm just getting over a BAD case of the flu!

    Love your new running top. you'll have a great time at your 10k :D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear more about the cleanse! I follow "MaMeg" (haha!) too!
    I was looking at the Polar watches but really wanted a watch with a GPS device that is why I chose Garmin! Love it! :)

    And you should totally start tracking your mileage :) We can link up :)

    Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to hearing about it all. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to see your results :) I love advocare! I take a few things from them!! I need to start running more! I signed up for a few races (okay, only 5K's), but, I am not a runner!!! You are motivating :)

    ReplyDelete