Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekend Updates- Including GEORGE STRAIT!

Today there are going to be ALOT of pictures, this was a super fun weekend and we were pretty busy having a blast, my calories Saturday and Sunday werent great, BUT I was good all meals but dinner both nights- we went to a wedding one night and the rodeo the next... so I consider the weekend a victory!!!
Friday night we went to eat before the rodeo so I was able to get grilled salmon and veggies- we went to see the rodeo and Blake Shelton... two girlfriends and the hubs went with me!

 
 
 
bronc riding

 
 
Blake!
                                                

 
our seats were great!
 
 
Christina met one of the ropers and they chatted a while..
 
 
 
We spent Saturday morning at home- I was going to run or go for a bike ride, but I got the worst charlie horse in my left calf, so much so that its still sore this morning!?!? So I did the upper body workout I had posted on here last week and upped my weights. Then we watched some tv and relaxed and got ready for Suzy's wedding.
 

my baby boy at home trying to play online...
 
 
 
dinner time!

 
 
about to head to Suzy's wedding



Mr and Mrs Horne!

 
 
me and the bride!

 
 
 
me and my groom! :)

 
 
Sunday morning after church we hung out around the house til it was time to leave for the concert! I was so excited to have gotten these tickets its not even funny! I love George AND Martina!!!


We had to stop by the livestock show to see all the baby animals and visit the petting zoo again, because taking me to the rodeo is like taking a 4 year old! :)
 
All these were less than a week old!!!!
 
baby cow

 
baby sheep




more baby sheep

 
 
a 5 day old calf up close... so cute!!!

 
 
then the concert!!!! George even came up to our seats to visit us!!!! He chose us out of the 180 THOUSAND people there!!!!!! AMAZING!
 
 
 
 
Martina- she played for about an hour, Randy Rodgers only played 20 minutes... and both left you wanting more, but you knew they were making way for the man himself, so it was ok!
 
 
GEORGE!!!!


 
He was awesome... 
 

 
He started at 8 and it finished at 10:30 and as we were walking out we heard him come back for an encore, but since I had work today we left anyway... we think we heard him finish around 10:45 when we were walking to our car... its hard to NOT hear 180 thousand people screaming!
 
I have videos from the performance, but I am not sure how to do videos on here, will have to upload to youtube and try that later...
 
What a great start to my birthday week! Friday is my 29th birthday- I am working on a list of 30 things to do before I am thirty... anyone have any good ideas???

 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Happy Early Birthday girl and yay for a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally jealous... I would have loved to see George, but settled for Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean instead :) Not too bad! I am turning 30 in May, wish I would have thought of that idea...not enough time to do 30 things. Travel to a new continent.... buy yourself something that you always have wanted but didn't want to splurge on.... conquer a fear?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two concerts in one weekend...sounds super fun to me!!
    I think you should include in your 30 things to go to Vegas, if you haven't already, bc I'm sure that would be a blast!
    Found you from the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, I've always wanted to go to a rodeo looks like fun! Happy birthday for Friday :) Following back from the GFC Collective :)

    ReplyDelete