Tuesday, March 19, 2013

MS 150 Training/ Recap of 2010 Ride

I have been slacking on my training... I FINALLY got clip in shoes and pedals put on my bike two weeks ago and went for a training ride, and I have been going to spin here and there, but I am in NO way ready for biking 150 miles over two days and its all happening in 30 days!!!!!!!!!

I made a training schedule yesterday- I dont want to slack off on my running because I still have another 10k Easter weekend AND I want to do a half this year, but I need to get better about my biking and start adding in more weights to strengthen my legs.

Went to spin for 45 minutes yesterday and tackeled 16.7 miles... felt good, but not ready for 75 a day two days in a row. I made sure to add a few 2 day in a row rides over the next couple of weeks because I remember the shear pain of trying to sit again the morning of day 2 the first time I did the MS 150 three years ago... it took me 30 minutes just to finally sit down all the way! I do not have a small rear end and those seats are made for people with small booties!!


A few pics from 2010 when I rode for the first and only time I have ridden so far...



with one of my old coworkers
 
lunch day 1

 
 
morning day 2

 
 
in AUSTIN!!!

 
 
FINISHED!


As you can see, this is the even that initially hurt my knee, I was 120 miles in and I dont know what happened but it started hurting, BAD, I sagged into the next rest stop and put biofreeze on it, took some ibuprofen (it was the strongest stuff they had), and wrapped it so that I could finish- I was not going to quit when I had done 120/150 miles of the ride... and its been messed up ever since... but I felt like I am strong enough to try this bad boy again- why not bike from Houston to Austin right? It is for a great cause- raising a lot of money for multiple sclerosis- my personal goal is $1,500 - $10 dollars per mile I am going to be biking, and my teams goal is $100,000! Feel free to make a tax deductible donation at my page: My donation page


I am excited for the next month of training and hope to keep my knee in good enough shape to finish out the ride!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck training! I hope it goes well!
    I have never heard of the this before, biking for two days, doing 150 miles!

    That is AMAZING!! You can do it girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete